On winning the golden crown, Lora said,” Thank you very much for believing in me. I had worked very very hard to be here. Maria dedicated the crown to all her fellow citizens back home. Addressing the women in her country who are still suffering violence, she said, ”Get up. You can also make dreams possible. ”Maria will now be travelling all across the world, to message of peace and harmony.
At the same event, Tulia Aleman Ferrer from Venezuela was adjudged (1st runner up), Elizabeth Durado Clenci from Philippines won (2nd runner up), Brenda Azaria Jimenez was adjudged (3rd runner up), and Czech Republic’s Nikola Uhlirova was adjudged (4th runner up.)
The show began with all the 75 finalists who were vying for the Miss Grand International 2017 crown parading in blue costumes. The finalists then took center stage as confirmed quarter finalists of the evening. India’s Anukriti Gusain was also part of the Top 20 contingent. The second stage witnessed the finalists walk the ramp in their stunning swimsuits.
Thereafter, the quarter finalists were trimmed down to Top 10 semi-finalists. The lineup also included Miss Grand Indonesia, Miss Grand Czech Republic, Miss Grand Peru, Miss Grand Philippines, Miss Grand Puerto Rico, Miss Grand Venezuela, Miss Grand Ukraine, Miss Grand South Sudan, Miss Grand Thailand, and Miss Grand Vietnam.
Subsequently, the contestants were further narrowed down to Top 5 finalists wherein the shortlisted contestants gave their final speech for Stop the War and Violence. In the end, Maria Jose Lora of Peru clinched the coveted crown after defeating 75 contestants from around the globe. The pageant also witnessed a number of sub contests which was won by the following finalists.
Top 20 Quarter Finalists
1. Ukraine – Snizhana Tanchuk
2. Australia – Kassandra Kashian
3. Czech Republic – Nikola Uhlirová
4. Paraguay – Lia Aymara Duarte Ashmore
5. Mexico – Yoana Gutiérrez Vázquez
6. Philippines – Elizabeth Durado Clenci
7. Vietnam – Nguyễn Trần Huyền My
8. Brazil – Caroline Venturini
9. Puerto Rico – Brenda Azaria Jiménez Hernández
10. Thailand – Pam Premika Pamela Pasinetti
11. Costa Rica – Maria Amalia Matamoros Solís
12. Peru – María José Lora
13. South Sudan – Eyga Mojus
14. Netherlands – Kelly Van Den Dungen
15. China – Xuejiao Chen
16. Russia – Svetlana Khokhlova
17. India – Anukriti Gusain
18. Laos – Chinnaly Norasing
19. Venezuela – Tulia German
20. Indonesia – Dea Goesti Rizkita
Top 10 Semi-Finalists
1. Indonesia- Dea Goesti Rizkita
2. Czech Republic- Nikola Uhlirová
3. Peru- María José Lora
4. Philippines-Elizabeth Durado Clenci
5. Puerto Rico- Brenda Azaria Jiménez Hernández
6. Venezuela- Tulia German
7. Ukraine- Snizhana Tanchuk
8. South Sudan- Eyga Mojus
9. Thailand- Pam Premika Pamela Pasinetti
10. Vietnam- Nguyễn Trần Huyền My
Best in Bikini – Costa Rica
Miss Popular Vote – Indonesia
Healthy and beauty award – Vietnam
Miss Paradise Cave Heritage Award – Thailand
Best in Social Media Award – Paraguay
Best in Evening Gown – China
Miss Grand International 2017 was judged by a reputed panel of jury consisting of experts from various countries.
The finale was hosted by Xian Lim and Nicole Cordoves – Miss Grand International Philippines 2016.